Saturday, March 21, 2015

Catharsis. . .


Well, Campers, today was a day of catharsis. .  .

I cleaned up the Wall of Tributes which held all the cards I received during my treatment and the white board which contained the calendar with my treatment schedule on it.

I reread each card as I took them down (and got a little misty-eyed) and then wiped the white board clean.  It’s time to go on with a clean slate.

And I want to thank you all one more time for the cards, visits, and other well-wishes during my times of treatment and recovery.  They made the pain and fear easier to take.  (OK, the OxyContin, morphine, Xanax, and Remeron also had their place. . .  ;-)

And a special thanks to my friends Karen and Will who drove me to Moffitt  on many occasions and sat with me many an afternoon through many a movie on DVD.  I have been blessed with the best friends a poor boy from the sticks could ever hope to have.

The healing is still in progress, but I feel more like my old self every day.  Whether that is a blessing or a curse remains to be seen. . .  ;-)

It’s Saturday and I’m going to run some errands as Elaine is at work.  March Madness is on the TV and all is right with the world. 

Peace and Love!!!!

Joe

2 comments:

  1. you're the best. keep on getting better and better in more ways than one. I also want to tell you that I didn't know whether you would has liked the card from me or not because I thought of myself as an outsider but I keep you in prayer still and did all the time you were and are winning against cancer. peace and love right back at you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! You are NOT an outsider!!! Your messages during my ordeal kept me going. . .

      Delete