Saturday, May 16, 2015

Moving On. ..


Well, Campers, a brief update on my marathon visit to Moffitt on Tuesday. . .

All is pretty darn good!!  I was given clearance to no longer have to drink thickened liquids, my diet was expanded, and they took out the feeding tube.  Oh, and BTW, I don’t have cancer.  All in all, a pretty good report.  To help me ‘celebrate’, Elaine cooked up a big pot of spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, heaven for a good old Italian boy like me.

I still get tired easily but even that is lessening.  I’m still working 4 hours a day and take a 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hour nap when I get home, but I feel stronger.  

At my friend Will Eddins’ suggestion, I’m working on a list that I will post soon, of how I spent my convalescence.  It will include the books I read and movies I saw.  It will be quite long, I realized.  Perhaps something for future generations of cancer patients to work their way through.  I know that it certainly helped me from going down the rat hole.

More will follow soon. . .

Peace and love!!

Joe

2 comments:

  1. That's great news Joe. I'm so glad to hear you are doing better. Love and prayers to you and Elaine.

    ReplyDelete