Monday, December 29, 2014

A Christmas to Remember. . .


Well, Campers, this has largely been a year to forget for me, but it was redeemed by a Christmas to remember.  All of my children and grandchildren were in town (some still here!), so it was perfect.  I probably overdid the activity for my weakened state, but I have all of January to recover. . .

As far as that goes, recovery remains slow.  I have been off pain killers for 3 – 4 weeks now, so that is a good thing.  And the pain when I swallow is mostly gone.  The remaining problem is that my throat is still partially blocked with mucous and I still can’t eat anything solid.  I’ve been able to drink a couple of my boxes of Boost VHC, but after about two of them, my throat gets, for want of a better term, ‘gummy’, so I am still pretty much limited to eating through the feeding tube.   Sort of made Christmas time dinners very frustrating as I was surrounded by people eating all sorts of delicious things, but, as I’ve said before, I will NOT spend January dieting like the rest of you poor slobs!!!!

And, I am still beastly tired most of the time.  I have some appointments at Moffitt tomorrow, so maybe I can find out if this is normal of if I need something else checked out.   We shall see. . .

At this point, I’m putting my earliest return to work possibility as February.  Hopefully that will work, but, again, we shall see. . .

Here’s hoping all of you had a joyous holiday season, whichever you celebrate, and have a joyous and wonderful 2015!!!!


Peace and love to all!!
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment