Monday, August 11, 2014

Book Review!!

Well, Campers, I finished reading Robin Roberts' wonderful memoir on her adventures with cancer, 'Everybody's Got Something'.  I recommend it highly for absolutely everyone.



Granted, Robin travels in a more rarefied atmosphere than most of us, but she is still a person who went through two kinds of cancer treatment and kept her humanity and humility. 




If you have or have had cancer, you will find your words and thoughts quoted on practically every page.  If not, it provides some magnificent insights into what your friends and relatives with the disease went through.




All in all, it should be on everyone's reading list.




As for me, life if pretty good.  I'm still tired most of the time, but I'm definitely on the mend.  I still have a thick mucous build-up and can't eat solid food, but all will come in time.  I'm still mostly dependent on my 5 Boost VHC's daily for nourishment but am trying to eat soft foods (no chewing required) once or twice a day.  And, I'm drinking it by mouth and have not used my feeding tube for a week now.  I'm hoping that they can remove it at my next doctor appointment, which will be Tuesday, Auguest 19.  This will also be the day of my PET Scan which will tell us if the disease has been eradicated or if more treatment is required.  It's funny, but I have no anxiety about the upcoming test and all,  It's like I'm so sure that it's all gone that there's nothing to worry about.


Time will tell!!!


Peace and love!!
Joe



No comments:

Post a Comment