Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Blowing My Own Horn

Well, Campers, I was inspired today by someone else's real-life experience.


I was watching "The Chew" on ABC and Robin Roberts of "Good Morning America" was one of the guests.  For those of you who don't know her story, she was treated for breast cancer and, I believe, leukemia.  Among other things, she talked about her book that she wrote about her experiences with the disease.  Her main points were that everyone is fighting some demon, though not necessarily life-threatening, that no matter what it is, this too shall pass, and that she has slowed down since and enjoys life more. 




Another point she raised was that during chemo, she couldn't stand the smell of food but enjoyed watching cooking shows on TV.


The book sounds like a good read and I have ordered it.




She made me think.  Sometimes I'm letting myself get down. But, what really overshadows any discomfort I'm feeling is that I'm on the road to being a cancer survivor.  I have beat the disease and accomplished something that most (fortunately) don't ever have to do. 


It really pumped me up.  I found that I was not nearly as tired as I have been and was actually excited about getting better.


Maybe TV is not a total vast wasteland.


Peace and love,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment