Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Long Overdue Update

OK, Campers.  I apologize profusely for how remiss I have been in keeping this blog going.  Part of it is that there hasn't been much change except for the fact that I now seem to be tired all the time and allowed myself to go into a funk over that.


But I finally started going to a support group at the Center for Positive Hope and that was a really good thing.  I got to talk to a couple of guys in the same boat who assured me that the fatigue can last for a year or more.  So, the good news is that I'm no different from others in this situation.  The not as good news is that the fatigue can last for a year.  I'm not sure how that jives with day-to-day living and going to work, but we'll just give it a few more weeks and see what plays out.


And this past weekend, Fourth of July, was Elaine's family reunion in Venice, so I got to talk to a few of her relatives (sister-in-law and a couple of cousins) who are also in various degrees of recovery from various forms of cancer.  The one consistent thing was the fatigue.  So, I guess this is what I have to look forward to. . .


Anyway, I will work at keeping the blog updated on a more regular basis.


Peace and love to all!!
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment