Thursday, July 24, 2014

Goin' Mobile. . .

Well, campers, a little more excitement today than I bargained for. . .  When I started my second feeding of the day through my feeding tube, the cap of the tube broke, meaning I could not seal the tube shut after feeding.  I called Elaine in a panic and she came up with the brilliant idea of clamping it shut with one of the clips we have around the house for keeping papers together, bags closed, etc.  That got me through the main crisis at which I point I called Moffitt Cancer Center for advice.  Next thing I knew, my daughter Kate was driving me up to Tampa to the center for repair work.  They fixed me up with a new cap, and all is well.  But I was certainly concerned as the doctors tell me I'll be using the tube for a while longer, although this is an impetus for working on weaning myself from the darn thing. 


On a happier note, my son Joey and his girlfriend Tabatha are in town from Atlanta for a few days and I ended up getting up and about a little more than I had been.  On Sunday, the kids, Elaine, and I went to Siesta Beach for sunset and the drum circle.  Walking to the beach through sand was definitely a good workout.  Monday was rest and recovery.  Tuesday, I soloed in the car for the first time in several months - about a 2 mile round trip to the gas station, ATM, and Publix.  Wednesday was Team Trivia evening, which gets me out of the house for about three hours, and then today, before the tube emergency run, I did a solo 10 mile round trip to downtown Sarasota to finalize Elaine's and my voter registrations for the upcoming primaries in August.


So, all in all, I'm still tired a lot and nap a lot, but am trying my best to work through it.


Peace and love to all!!
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment