Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Latest Doctor Visit

Well, Campers, I visited the doctor today and my suspicions were confirmed.  My progress is right where it should be, but I do have a profound case of cancer-related fatigue.  I was given a prescription that will hopefully alleviate the fatigue, which I will pick up tomorrow.  We shall see. . .


And once again, I find myself in a pensive mood.  I 've been looking back on my life, and asking if I would have done anything differently.  The answer is the same that I think we'd all give - 'Hell, Yes'.  Now, that is not to say that we wish we were someone else. I'm just thinking that any of us who are being honest with ourselves all  have something we would tweak, as no matter how exemplary a life we may have led, we all have some cross to burn.  The secret is recognizing it, doing what we can to make the best of it, and then doing everything we can to prevent making the same mistakes again.  For me, the one that comes to mind right now is this cancer thing.  I've read the contract over and over and I'm not finding anywhere that I signed on for this.. .  I guess it must be in the really fine print.. . .


But, for the most part, I am excessively happy with where I am in life, especially with the angel Elaine in it.  That alone is worth the price of admission!


I am reminded of my favorite line from Jimmy Buffett - 'Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way.'


Peace and love to all!!
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment