Monday, September 29, 2014

And Now for Some Good News!!


Well Campers, I realize it’s been a while since I send out an update/.  Nothing personal just I’ve been feeling pretty good and taking advantage of it.

I’m walking more and doing short drives around town solo.    A major, major step.  And by pulse rates is coming back in line (after being high) indicating a return to strength.

TV remains the vast wasteland that Newtown Minnow of the FCC called it those many years ago.  Fortunately, my interest in reading has been revved up as I am now able to focus again and have been reading up a storm including a handful of books by Connie Willis, some Carl Hiassen, and many others.  Lots of fun!!!!

Not sure about my definite return to work though it will be within the next few weeks.  I don’t want to wait too long but also don’t want to go back too early and trigger a relapse.  The worst of my fatigue seems to be passed but I don’t want to temp the fates.

I’ve been attending two different support group meetings at the Center for Building Hope and those have been a godsend.  Hopefully, none of you reading this will ever need their services, but if you do, I recommend them highly.

I’ve been entertaining company as I can and my friend Dave was down for a few days from SC last week and we toured the Ringling Circus Museum.  It’s the first time I’ve been there in about 30 years and it was a real blast!!!

Normalcy, or at least some form, looms on the horizon.  It’s not all a bed of roses as Robin Roberts said. “Everybody’s Got Something”.  What’s weird is that I’ve started having the same sore throat and headaches that I experienced a year ago when the disease was forming.  This time, it’s part of the healing process.  As the nerves that were damaged during radiation heal, the pain returns to let you know that they are working, I guess.  But, it’s controllable with oxycontin and ibuprofen.,  But, it’s only a matter of time. .  .

Finally, I want to thank all of you in my support network, legion as you are.  I have the greatest family and friends in the entire world, bar none.  For a kid from the sticks who beat cancer, I am truly blessed.

Peace and love to all!!!

Joe

1 comment: