Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Just When You Thought It Was Safe. . .

Well, Campers, recovery has taken a twist. 


For a couple of weeks, I have had some pain where nerves that had been damaged during radiation have begun to heal and regenerate with a vengeance.  Then, those pains were joined by a sore throat.  Then, a week or so ago, I began to develop difficulties swallowing till it hit the point that I can no longer eat anything, including my Boost VHC.  I can marginally drink, but it is also with pain.


So, today, Elaine and I were at Moffitt for a look-see.  The did a CT Scan with will hopefully yield some clues as to what's going on.  We'll find that out tomorrow.


In the meantime, until my throat can be fixed, I go back tomorrow to have a new feeding tube installed.  Oh, well. . .  But, it's the only solution as I have not eaten for two days and will not eat for two more. . .  They also gave me two hours of fluids to ward off dehydration and have scheduled home health care to have a nurse come to the house for five days to give me a quick IV each day for more fluid replenishment.


But, as I was in the waiting room waiting for the IV to be set up, I realized that as sore and miserable as I may be, I was the lucky one.  I was surrounded by people who are still fighting cancer;  my battle has already been won - now I'm working on the peace treaty for the rest of my life.


Peace and love to all!!
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment