Wednesday, October 28, 2015

A Flash of Memory

OK, Campers, I remember what I wanted to say in the last post, and, frankly it's not that interesting. . .  

But here goes anyway.  Part of the side effects of the chemo are the facts that this is the time I'll lose my hair.  And, my face will most likely break out in an acne-like rash.  Actually, it has started to already.  Elaine has already remarked that with the rash and the change in my sleep habits which have me rising in the 11 - noon time frame, I am channeling my inner teenager.  She's a clever one, my Elaine is!!

On a more serious note, I am sort of flattered by all the people who tell me that I'm such a good guy that this just isn't fair.  I'd like to agree, but, sadly, 'fair' has nothing to do with it.  The reaper sows, the reapers reaps.  I wish more than anyone that this was not the case, but it is.  And we're coping.  The fact that I have the most fantastic group of friends and supporters makes it easier to bear, but it is a load I never saw coming.  But my body talks to me and it hasn't been wrong yet.  And it is telling me that I'm going to be around a while longer than 18 months.  So, my loyal readers, know that you're stuck with me a while!!

Well, time to get some sleep as the next two days will be spend at Moffitt, including 7 hours of infusion on Friday.  But everybody's got to be somewhere!!

Peace and love,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment