Friday, October 23, 2015

The Cycle Begins

Well, Campers, today was my first 7-hour marathon chemo session,  And I am beat!!

Yesterday was blood draw, a chest x-ray, and a talk with Dr. Russell, my medical oncologist.  All is 'normal', given that I have a huge cancerous mass in my left lung.  But just having the treatment start gives me renewed confidence that I'm going to beat this thing

It's still hard to accept.  I mean, one day, I'm feeling pretty good, all things considered, and then it's slam. bam,  Yankee Doodle Dandy and I find out I now have a shelf life. 

But we've all kept and used things well beyond that printed shelf life. . .

Peace and love,
Joe

2 comments:

  1. I am reminded of the scene from REDS 2 where John Malkovich eats a Ding Dong that has been in a CIA safe house since the cold war. His justification is that "this was before there were Use By dates".

    Joe, I think you are that Ding Dong. You never had a Use By date to start with.

    ReplyDelete