Saturday, October 31, 2015

Living With Cancer

OK, Campers. Living. With. Cancer. . .

These three words will pretty well define the rest of my life, however long that may be.  There may be times that there are no signs of disease, but it will still be lurking in my bloodstream until it finds the next place to settle.  But, this is all OK because the operative word of this equation is LIVING!!!

I'm mostly in a holding pattern for now, receiving chemo one day a week.  So far, so good on side effects.  No nausea and just a slight rash on my face, though I have never had a rash on my nose before.  Weird.  And my blood thinner has switched to Eliquis in pill form so Nurse Ratchett, er. . .  Elaine, no longer has to give me shots twice a day.

And a follow-up on my last post about fairness in life.  As someone once said, if life was fair, Elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead.

And, we'll be getting out tonight to go to a Halloween party at some friends' house.  That will be the first time out that is not to go to a doctor/hospital or to Publix for provisions in a few weeks.  Life is good!!

Peace and love to all,
Joe

2 comments:

  1. You're such a positive light for everyone around you, and those who read your blog. Your perspective is awesome! We're all rooting for you, because LIFE is good and you are an inspiration to live each day in a meaningful way with appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are far too kind!!! Thank you so much for the kind words!!

      Delete