Friday, June 24, 2016

That Deaf, Dumb, and Blind Kid Sure Plays a Mean Pinball


 OK, Campers, a wish was fulfilled!!  This past Monday, our daughter Liz packed me up and took me out to play pinball!!  Needless to say, my game wasn't up to my misspent youth, but I didn't embarrass myself, either.  Between the two of us, we won nine free games (we paid for ten) and got a pretty good return on our investment.  Which reminds me. . . When I first started playing the silver ball, it was a nickel a game.  The last time I played, it was up to a quarter.  Now, the toll sits at a dollar a game. . .  No complaints, though.  I had a blast!!

And keeping with the spirit of entertainment, Elaine and I went out last Saturday to see Passerine, one of our favorite local bands.  Since I had my newest portable oxygen tank which operates silently, I was not a nuisance to those patrons nearest us.

It turns out I've been claiming an incorrect disease.  Instead of bronchiolitis, I have bronchiectasis, which in an inflammation of the airways and a buildup of mucous.  This is definitely more in line with what I've got.  Both sound more like the names of dinosaurs. . .

Finally, I'm going to begin pulmonary therapy in a couple of weeks to hopefully get some muscle tone back.  Should be interesting as I am abysmally out of shape.

That's it for now!!

Peace and Love!!
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment