Monday, March 31, 2014

D-Day Has Arrived!!

Well, first of all, thanks to all who left words of encouragement on yesterday's post.  There's nothing like fan mail to keep you going!!!


But the treatment started today with the first radiation session.  And, I have to admit it was less daunting and claustrophobic than I expected.  The funny thing was that the only discomfort was that my neck was killing me from the awkward position that they strapped me into.  But then, even that is a good thing in its weird way as I really don't want to shift around too much and mess up the aim of the laser beam aimed at my throat - there are too many other arteries, organs, and other goodies that I'd rather not have radiated.


And tomorrow will be the first chemo session.  So, we'll see how that all goes.  For those of you old enough to remember the original Mickey Mouse Club, every day is a 'Mouseketeer Anything Can Happen Day'.


And every day truly is better than the day before.


Peace and love to all!!!
Joe

1 comment: