Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Going to the Mats With Chemo!!

OK, first it's been a while since I last posted, not because I haven't been feeling up to it but because the wi-fi in the hotel where we've been staying this week is beastly sloooooooooooooooooooooow and I tend to nod off while I'm waiting for responses. . .


But, so far, there have been three radiation treatments, my first round of chemo on Tuesday, and then round one of fluid infusion today with round two to follow tomorrow.  The chemo IV also included two different types of anti-nausea drugs and they gave me prescriptions for three others.  Not sure if this is a precaution or if I can expect serious fun and games after the IV goodies wear off.  Time will tell, I suppose. . . .


But the time in the chemo pod has been interesting.  Yesterday, we talked with a guy who is on an 8-hour, once a week regimen and had is treatment this week delayed a day so he could go to the Rays home opener.  My kind of guy!!!  And today, my pod mate was a woman I used to work with 11 years ago at FCCI Insurance in Sarasota.  Once again, a small world but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.


Like I say, so far, I have had no ill effects from anything, other than wearing out rather quickly (of course, last night, I was beat at about 9 PM and then caught second wind and was wired until 11:30).  But there is still something different every day.  But, I any reveling in knowing that, as Adrienne said, "The Recovery Starts Now!"


Peace and love to all!!
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment