Tuesday, April 8, 2014

20% of the Way!!

Radiation treatment number 7 of 35 today, so 20% of the way!!!  Of course, it's the easiest 20%, but who's counting??  ;-)


I had an appointment with Dr. Caudell, my radiation oncologist yesterday, and with Dr. Russell, my medical oncologist, today.  Besides being the angels that are going to save my life, they both gave me good progress reports.  Of course, the caveat is that it only gets worse from here, but that's what I expected.  Frankly, I expected it to have worse so far. . .   I know, don't be whistling past the graveyard and tempt the fates, but it will be as bad as it gets and I'll just cope with it, as best I can.  As both doctors pointed out, they will be doing everything they can to make the road as bearable as possible.


I'm still beastly tired, but may have gotten some leads on getting better rest.  I'm going to step up from Xanax to Ativan at bedtime tonight as the anti-anxiety drug of choice.  And, my genius wife Elaine devised a way I can go back to sleeping on my stomach.  And, tomorrow, I'll be going to the Center for Hope in Sarasota (formerly the Wellness Center) for a class in internal relaxation techniques.  I'm definitely hopeful. . .


Will keep you all posted!!


As ever,
Joe

1 comment:

  1. I bet your great attitude will add immensely to your progress! Thinking of you often and thankful you are in good hands. :) Rest well, my friend.

    ReplyDelete