Saturday, April 26, 2014

Just When You Thought It Was Safe. . .

OK, as Hunter Thompson said, 'When the going gets weird, the weird get going.'

First, I apologize for the raggedness of the typing, but I'm typing on my iPad from a hospital room at Moffitt where I was admitted yesterday (Friday) morning.  Elaine had noticed that my temperature was high when I was getting my post-chemo fluid infusions and suggested that I ask them to take my temp on Friday after my radiation.  (They usually don't.). Sure enough, I was spiked at 102 and then got whisked away to be injected, inspected, detected, and selected for admission.  My oxygen levels were also low and my breathing ragged.  At this point, I'm doing better (won't know if it's good enough to go home for a bit yet).  Remember when our mothers told us not to eat or drink too fast or 'it would go down the wrong pipe'?  Well, it seems my disease has the same effect and my lungs may have filled with junk, causing the infection.  That is the hoped for prognosis, but hopefully, all will soon be revealed.  Until then, I have a whole new audience for my stale 'jokes'!

Every day you wake up on the right side of the grass is a good day.

Peace and love to all!
Joe

4 comments:

  1. Still telling stale jokes at this stage Joe? That's both good and bad news.... tee hee. Stay strong, you are almost there. Still sending positive, healing energy from the rainy Northwest. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you had to be admitted. Thank God Elaine is taking good care of you. Please text me when you are home again. I'll come over & visit with you during the day. Do you play backgammon?
    You are in our thoughts and prayers. Love Ya Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary enjoyed seeing you. Can't imagine why...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh, because of my rapier-like wit and roguish good looks??.. . ;-)

    ReplyDelete