Sunday, April 6, 2014

Priming for Week 2

So far, knock on wood. . .   Five days after the first chemo, there have not been too many ill effects from it.  I guess I had never known that nausea can also include burping and hiccupping as well as that wonderful sick feeling we're all familiar with.  But that is what I primarily experienced a few times, though not to a major degree.  There was a short spell of that condition we don't talk about in public so much but that requires frequent trips, to use the vernacular from "How I Met Your Mother", to go read a magazine,


The biggest issues so far are I'm finding sleeping a problem as I've been a lifelong stomach sleeper, and just can't do that as long as I'm still "the tube dude".  Sleeping on my back makes me dizzy and sleeping on my side is awkward as I fear rolling over onto the feeding tube and ripping it out.  And, I have absolutely NO appetite,  Most times, looking at food repulses me.  Hopefully, this is not a permanent condition!!




But, all in all, the beat goes on and recovery is out there!!


Peace and love to one and all!!!
Joe

1 comment:

  1. Stomach sleeper here too! When I was pregnant, found that lazy boy recliners are very comfortable! Totally not the same thing, but worth a try. Hope you find that magic position that makes sleep available again! -Kristen

    ReplyDelete