Monday, April 14, 2014

Week Three Begins

OK, campers, treatment week three has officially begun with radiation session 11 of 35, i.e., 24 to go.  The treatment was mostly uneventful, with one interesting sidelight.  My first anxiety attack was that I was going to suffocate in the radiation machine 'cause the mask I'm bound up in on the table was too tight and constricting.  Well it seems that during the past two treatments, I fell asleep in the machine.  I'm not saying it's become a non-event, but it seems my concern was not warranted. . .  ;-)


And I also had another pleasant experience after treatment.  I made a visit to an acupuncturist who was able to relieve some of the pain in my throat and to reduce the swelling of my tongue enough that I'm almost intelligible when I speak now.  Life is good!!!


Oh, and one more final humorous observation.  Before the treatments began, I was told that I should keep most of my hair, except for that on the back of my neck, which will most likely grow back.  But, I will probably lose my facial hair, which will most likely NOT grow back.  Well, this morning, when I went to take my shower, I noticed that shaving would not be necessary as there was no new growth.  Perhaps the cycle has begun - we shall see.


Peace and love to all!!!!
Joe

3 comments:

  1. An acupuncturist who makes you almost intelligible when you speak?? Why that's miraculous, because ...... (rim shot).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could be there to visit you and talk about writing.

    ReplyDelete