Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Feeling Presidential

OK, since I got to spend this past weekend at the Presidential Suite at the Moffitt Hilton, I began noticing that one of the promised side effects of the radiation is making me resemble a former President.  Not the Camelot handsomeness of JFK.  Not the roguishness of Bill Clinton.  Not the ruggedness of Theodore Roosevelt.  Not the intellect of Woodrow Wilson.  None of those. . . .  No, instead, I get the turkey neck of Ronald Reagan. . . .


Yeah, as promised, the radiation has begun to give me a sunburn from the inside out, though it is totally focused in my neck.  The skin is very dry and red, and yes, I've developed the loose skin folds of a big, old Tom turkey.  Some people get all the luck. . .


But, other than that, I am still amazed that I feel as good as I do.  Of course, I'm still buzzed on steroids and antibiotics, but even at than, I'm pleased.  Of course, there are still two and a half weeks of treatment and the two week period after that that it will take for the side effects to flush out.  But each new day of relative comfort is not one of abject misery.  And that, my friends, is a good thing!!


Peace and love to all!!
Joe

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joe. I saw a news story today about a place here in the Northwest called "Harmony Hill" and once a month, a retreat is organized for cancer patients. They have a motto I thought you would like.

    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass..
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.

    Go dancing! Ciao

    ReplyDelete