Sunday, June 8, 2014

Keepin' On Keepin' On

OK, Campers.  Week three of post-treatment recovery is in the books.  I'm getting a little better every day, though no miracles.  But, as I keep saying, that's my problem.  Patience never was one of my  virtues. 


What's funny is that the doctors and nurses have been wonderful in setting what should be my expectation level.  My dilemma is that I'm not real good at accepting that level.  C'est la vie. . .


But, when I look objectively, there has been vast improvement.  Like I told Elaine last night, it was only a week and a half or so that I was spewing mucous from every available orifice several times a day.  I don't mean to jinx myself (probably too late. . . ;-), but it has been about a week since Vesuvius erupted.  That alone is worth the price of admission.


Also to the good, I'm eating more 'real' food.  Okay, calling pudding real food is a stretch, but it's something other than a box of Boost VHC (Very High Calorie).  And some sort of breakfast grain cereal is in the mix, occasional pureed meat, and pureed vegetables.  Trying anything more solid than that is still out of the question as my tongue still swells and subsides of it's own volition and I really have no control over it.  Soon, soon, I know. . .  (There's that rare virtue again. . .) 


But the process continues and for that I am grateful!!


Peace and love to all!!!
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment