Monday, November 30, 2015

Yet Another Twist in the Road

Well, Campers, I type this from Sarasota Memorial Hospital, where I have been a patient since Sunday. I had a persistent nosebleed and a fever of 100.3, and was feeling really lousy. Elaine brought me to the ER, they looked at me, ran some tests, and decided that was where I should stay.

It seems to be a combination of the effects of the chemo on my body and some side effects from Eliquis, a heavy-duty blood thinner.  Since my blood chemistry is really wonky, I've been receiving new blood and am hooked up to about three IV's for most of the day.  And today, one of the doctors advised me that they may put a filter on the main vein into my heart to block a possible blood clot from reaching it.  They're going to keep me here until my blood counts stabilize.

The real kicker is that all of the kids are in town and the only time I'm getting to see them is on hospital visits.

Hopefully the oil change and other hardware will turn things around.

Well, no other words of wit and wisdom. I'll keep you posted.

Peace and love to one and all!!
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment