Saturday, May 10, 2014

85.7% Complete

OK, Campers.  Nothing says victory like the scent of radiation in the air. . .  30 treatments down, a mere 5 left.  Monday will begin the final onslaught against the demon cancer.  Week 7.  The rest of the story.  The whole enchilada.  OK, you get the picture. . .

I am still knocking on wood as I say that I feel much better than I though I would by now.  Oh, there is still time, I know.  And there have been some slams into the wall.  Perhaps not 'Don Giovanni's Descent into Hell', but at least 'Don Giovanni's Descent into Heck'. . .

And I want to thank everyone one more time for the cards, calls, texts, comments, emails, and any other form of encouragement.  It means a lot to me, just knowing that the most fantastic support network a boy could ever want is out there whenever I need you.  Friends and family, you are the best!!!!

In a way, the weekends between treatment weeks are kind of funny.  I like the time away from Moffitt and the opportunity to rest, but there is also some anxiety and restlessness as it's a break in the treatments.  Now, I know that the radiation and chemo is always working and will continue to do so after the last formal treatment is over, but there is just some sort of validation that something is happening on the days I receive treatment.  As I said before on these pages, and will continue to do so, no doubt, I know I am not always rational right now.  And I'll boldly say that I have earned that right to be irrational right now, what with one potentially fatal disease and two varieties of poisons that I have willingly accepted, coursing through my veins. . .  ;-)

Well, I am going to continue to rest as the upcoming week will bring radiation every day, chemo on Tuesday, end fluid infusion/replenishment on Wednesday and Thursday.  I AM pumped!!!!

Peace and love to all!!!
Joe

2 comments:

  1. The homestretch! Ninth inning, fourth quarter, tenth frame...insert sports anology here. The important thing is your almost done and it sounds like you're getting through this your wit still in tact. I take that as a good sign. Can't wait to hear about the post-game, so to speak, where you can talk about how the Cancer got ejected. Ok I'm done now with the analogies. We're hoping to to keep hearing good news. Keep fighting the good fight! (couldn't resist one more.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! The home stretch! Can't wait to cheer for you as you cross the finish line! All the best this week!

    ReplyDelete