Sunday, May 4, 2014

On the Eve of Week 6

Well, tomorrow begins radiation treatment week 6 of 7.  I'm tempted to say it's the homestretch, but I have been assured that the side effects of radiation linger for two weeks after the end of treatment, sort of a 'radiation hangover', I suppose.


And the treatment is beginning to take it's toll, as I do seem to be hitting a wall of sorts.  Oh, nothing heinously terrible (yet) but a marked downturn.  In the name of full disclosure, the rest of this paragraph is not for the squeamish.  But, I have become a mucous generating machine.  And, as excess anything is wont to do, it keeps fining new orifices to escape from.  In the immortal words of Forrest Gump, 'That's all I have to say about that'.


I've pretty much hit the point where I can no longer eat any solid food and the Boost VHC that I'm living on is just about thin enough to trigger aspiration.  So, I am still able to drink thickened liquids (thickened to nectar consistency) but have to take the Boost through the feeding tube.  But, this shall pass, and not soon enough.


And I'm wearing out a lot quicker these days.  But, the light is at the end of the tunnel.


Peace and love to all!!
Joe

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Joe. I see lots of red Xs on that chart. Thinking of you each day as you go through this and praying for all good outcomes.

    ReplyDelete