Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Roughing It In Paradise

OK, Campers. . .  I have to take this opportunity to thank my wonderful wife Elaine for one of the many ways in which she humors me. . .

Since I began treatment, especially following chemo weeks, I will have spells in which the smells of food cooking makes me want to hurl.  Since her appetite and health are in perfect order,  it would be totally unreasonable to expect her to give up the foods that make me feel bad.  (And I really never know when I will be affected or what food(s) will be the trigger.)  So, for the most part, she has made the effort to clean the cooking pots as soon as she's done with them, pretty much meaning she is never eating anything hot.  But, she has come up with a solution that enables her to cook whatever she wants and to eat it in peace by taking our camp stove out onto the lanai and cooking out there.  If that's not true love, I don't know what is!!!!

Peace and love to all!!!!
Joe

2 comments: