Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Moving Along

Well. Campers, don't you hate it when other people turn out to be right??  I had sort of been hoping that the doctors had been pessimistic when they told me that I would still be feeling the effects of radiation for the first two weeks after it ended.  I, of course, figured that was just a scare tactic and I would start making miraculous progress, in leaps and bounds, during that period.  Well, not so much, I fear. . .  Oh, I'm a little better each day, and that will do.  But. . . .


But I am healing.  Oh, I'm still tired a lot and have no idea when I'll feel safe driving.  My throat is still raw and very sore and I'm 'eating' practically everything through the feeding tube.  But, I am able to swallow liquids with no difficulty and little pain, so I don't think there will be any long-term problems along those lines.  So, all in all, I'm pretty happy.  Especially when I see all the ads for medical centers and what-not on daytime TV and all the news stories about the terrible things that people are going through.  As Elaine and pointed out, and I have mentioned in these pages, a year from now, this part of my life will be mostly unpleasant memories.  The year will end on a high note as we will be welcoming a new grandchild into the family and, hopefully, all the kids should be home for at least part of the holidays.  And since it's always about me, I'm looking forward to feeling better by then that I have in many, many months.


Peace and love to all!!
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment